Make your own free website on Tripod.com
francesco coco tribute site
home | bio | news archive | multimedia | others' | m. board | chat room
 
Unsettled Coco craves Milan return
Monday 4th February 2002

AC Milan wing-back Francesco Coco has admitted he would jump at the chance to return to the Rossoneri when his loan spell at Barcelona finishes at the end of the season. 

"The thought of going back to Milan really excites me," explained the Italy international. 

"I only left because of my poor relationship with the coach Fatih Terim. He didn't believe in me, which is why when Barca came in, I didn't think twice about moving. 

"But Terim has gone now so that is no longer a problem. I have been following the progress of the Rossoneri from Spain and I still have plenty of friends there," he added. 

AC Milan's vice-president Adriano Galliani insisted that they were keen to bring Coco back, but he admitted that Barcelona would have the final say. 

"Barca have secured an option to sign him if they want when the loan spell finishes," he explained. "But if they do want him then they have to let us know before May 31. 

"If they don't, then we'll welcome him back. He is a very good player and a great friend to everyone at the club," said Galliani. 

Coco has struggled to reproduce his form of last season since arriving at Barcelona in August, and is now concerned that he will miss out on a place in Giovanni Trapattoni's World Cup squad. 

Last month, Coco told Barcelona boss Charly Rexach that he would return to Italy without delay if he was left on the substitutes' bench anymore this season. 

He soon withdrew the remarks, but it is clear that the 25-year-old, who watched AC Milan draw 1-1 with Lazio on television on Sunday, still has his heart set a move back to Serie A.

"I enjoyed the game, although I think Milan were lucky to get a draw," he said. "Lazio played the better football and created more chances. 

"But my former team-mates clearly believed in themselves and they kept on going to the end. That impressed me and I was thrilled to see them take a point," added Coco. 

Coco's agent and father, Nino Coco, recently fuelled rumours that the midfielder was on the verge of a move to to either Juventus or Internazionale. 

"My son's priority is to hold a starting spot with the Italian national side in the next World Cup so he can't be ruled out for three months," Nino said in January. "Inter want him right now while Juventus would rather wait until next June."

 
< archive | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | new >