Make your own free website on Tripod.com
francesco coco tribute site
home | bio | news archive | multimedia | others' | m. board | chat room
 
Barcelona's Coco apologises for quit remarks

BARCELONA, Jan 10 (Reuters) - Barcelona full-back Francesco Coco has apologised for remarks he made earlier this week in which he said he would consider returning to Italy if he did not regain his place in the Barca line-up. 

``I never thought of leaving Barcelona and I am sorry if what I said created any uncertainty because I did not want to show any lack of respect to anyone, and especially to my team mates,'' the Italian international told a news conference on Thursday. 

``All players can get angry when they don't play and when they are angry they say things that they don't really believe. In fact I am keener than ever to stay at Barca and want to help them gain a title this season.'' 

Coco joined Barcelona from AC Milan in August, originally on a loan deal with a view to a full transfer at the end of the season. 

He has featured in 15 of Barca's 19 league games but the return to fitness of Spanish international Sergi saw him dropped from the starting line-up for last Sunday's 2-0 win over Real Zaragoza.

<p>
 
< archive | 1 | 2 | new >